Sydney George St closuresBY Australian Retailers Association
The next George St road closure to make way for construction of the Sydney CBD light rail, will take place on March 11 between Alfred and Grovenor streets.
As a result, there will be a number of traffic changes near The Rocks:
- George St will be closed to southbound traffic from Alfred St to Grosvenor St from 11 March 2016 to December 2016
- A single northbound lane will be open to general traffic from Alfred St to Grosvenor St to allow access into The Rocks
- No westbound traffic permitted on Alfred Street from Pitt St to George St. Buses, coaches and taxis excepted.
A free 45 minute information session on the latest changes will be held at the following locations and dates.
- Wednesday 24 February, 8am to 8.45am, The Porter, 1 O'Connell St, Sydney
- Thursday 25 February, 8am to 8:45am, The Porter, 1 O'Connell St, Sydney
- Thursday 3 March, 12.30pm to 1:15pm, The Porter, 1 O'Connell St, Sydney.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Australian Retailers Association
Founded in 1903, the Australian Retailers Association (ARA) is Australia’s largest retail association representing Australia’s $310 billion sector, which employs more than 1.2 million people. As the retail industry’s peak representative body, the ARA works to ensure retail success by informing, protecting, advocating, educating and saving money for its 7,500 independent and national retail members throughout Australia. For more information, visit www.retail.org.au or call 1300 368 041.